Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I wonder what it's like to be bored??

Well it's been a bit since I've posted. Sorry about that. We've been quite the busy little beavers around our house lately. My oldest son, Noah, was diagnosed with epilepsy in late December. We then started to look at Levi, our youngest. We often tease around our house that we have two sets of twins, Daniel and David and then Noah and Levi. Noah and Levi look so much alike, they have the same temperment, and the same "quirks". So our pediatrician decided the wise thing would be to do an EEG on Levi and rule out epilepsy. Unfortunately, his test came back showing abnormalities, high spikes and waves, and seizure activity during the awake and asleep portions of the test. Although it wasn't a complete surprise, I was a little more "stunned" at his diagnosis than I was with Noah's. He is only 4 years old, so I think that has something to do with how I'm feeling about it. So....other than getting to know our local pediatric neurologists, what have the Andrews family been up to?? Brian has started driving the school bus part time and seems to be enjoying that. Noah turned double digits. He had a birthday party at the Christian Center Bowling Alley. He had lots of friends and family there and had a great time. He got two things for his birthday that he's been waiting for for quite some time. He's wanted an ipod and a pocket knife for such a long time. We've told the boys those were two things they would have to wait for until they turned 10. He was thrilled!! Daniel and David are doing well. They are doing great in school. The past few weeks math has gotten much harder for them (I remember Noah reaching this exact same point last year). They have, however, been troopers. They study hard and are smarter than whips! They are Cowboys fans all the way and the older three are signing up for little league baseball this Saturday. We're all pretty excited about that. They are all having their yearly eye exams these next few weeks. David had his today and his eyes are 20/20. YEAH!!! Levi is doing well with his school as well. He's quite the character, keeping us on our toes all the time. I'm almost done with school....I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am set to graduate in May, Lord willing. I have joined Phi Theta Kappa, which is the honors society at ICC. I'm really enjoying my internship as well. It's a bit daunting, but I'm learning so much and I can't tell you how good it feels to take everything I've learned these past few years and put it to use. The feeling when I'm sitting there interpreting and I think, "wow....I'm doing it. I'm really doing it. And it makes sense." My goal is to be more consistant with this blog. I enjoy writing it, it's a great outlet. Our computer just got fixed this week....we had a total meltdown. So hopefully keeping this updated won't be such a huge task.

No comments:

Post a Comment